cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

https://9to5google.com/2020/03/18/galaxy-s20-autofocus-update/

Not sure if this will effect the phone differently than your usual update 🤔

"As it stands right now, the update is not rolling out as an OTA, but is rather available for sideloading through Samsung Smart Switch."

Lynztay
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well I gave it an hour and a half, switched off, it was charged to 100%. The stupid thing is still playing up and when I attempted to use the camera, it went green (like a broken, pixelated tv) and shut down for the 3rd time in 5 minutes. Just factory reset to send back. What a waste of time 😩😩

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That's crap,  I'd tell you to take it to the store but it'll probably be shut 😢 you could try a factory reset but am not sure it would work,  but worth a try. 

Like I said in my post a few hours back, I ordered my phone on the 24th Feb.

The last few days I've been contemplating justification for forking out a hundred pounds a month in the current climate. There's no chance of me losing my job (at the moment, anyway), but I have friends and family members whose finances will be squeezed and I want to help them. With this in mind, I just cancelled my order.

The frustrations caused by the lack of updates/communication from EE is something we can all do without.

Once the COVID-19 situation has blown over, I'll see what new devices are around and get something new. 

So I just picked up my phone from the local store. So anyone who ordered from store around the 24th like me, your order might have been delivered to the store today. I had to call them to check. 

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've ordered a 512 black the 15th of February, they're supposed to call or text but I'll pop in the shop tomorrow.

Sometimes, I feel like asking a friend to pass as a customer to see if they're actually selling while keeping pre-orders on wait.

Received mine today finally - Ordered 29th for reference by phone. Gl to rest of you!

Lynztay
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

At risk of really annoying anyone, my faulty one is being collected tomorrow and replaced at the same time 😲 was shocked they had one to replace with! 

The guy who sorted it was super lovely.