cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s10 5g

Akhlasb
Investigator
Investigator
  • I'm on a Sim only 5g contract.
  • No software updates showing on my device despite Samsung saying it rolls out in June 2021.Have an unlocked device purchased from music magpie nearly 12 months ago
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Akhlasb 

Apologies for the delay in my reply. 

You have the generic UK firmware. Very strange that it doesn't update. Did you try clearing the cache as I've suggested? 

If that doesn't work then I would suggest backing up and then factory resetting via recovery. Then trying to update. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Akhlasb ,

This sounds like a case of waiting for the over-the-air firmware update to become ready for your Samsung device. I believe there is nothing that EE can do about this if they did not supply your device.

If your Samsung device is a never-locked device, you can approach Samsung to check when the over-the-air update will be ready. If it was previously locked to a different network and was unlocked, you may need to do some checks with Samsung on which over-the-air firmware it will move to next. Good luck!

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Music Magpie, the phone could have come from any part of the Planet.

Under Manual Check if it says, after checking, your phone is up to date, that's it, no more you can do.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Akhlasb 

Enter *#1234# and post the three sets of numbers.

What is the last security patch you have installed? 

Lastly boot into recovery and try clearing your cache, then restart and try software updates. (On WiFi) 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

@Northerner @

AP G977BXXU2BSL2

CP G977BXXU2BSK0

CSC G977BOXM2BSL3

SECURITY PATCH DEC 2019

ANDROID 10

UI 2.0

Hi @Akhlasb 

Apologies for the delay in my reply. 

You have the generic UK firmware. Very strange that it doesn't update. Did you try clearing the cache as I've suggested? 

If that doesn't work then I would suggest backing up and then factory resetting via recovery. Then trying to update. 

Thanks

Have cleared cache but phone is going back under warranty for a battery issue. Will ask them to try update. 

Thank you