cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

SCAMMED: Third party charges on my bill

madi86
Investigator
Investigator

Recently, I have discovered I have been charged since last year by BounceGame and TheAppFone service provider on me and my wife account. I contacted EE to get a help on this and found a standard reply "Contact third party" that i have seen on this forum which was not helpful at all by such a reputable company even after escalating the issue. In the end they offer my wife £25 refund which she refused to accept it.

Then i contacted the third party after not getting any help from EE and they explained me their browser pop up story and blame me that i have subscibed to it. In the end after all this rant they offered my a GOODWILL refund of £20. They took 100's of pound from me and my wife account without our consent and EE helped them to do this. I refused to take that amount becasue they mugged me in the brought daylight and in return they are saying goodwill refund! SERIOUSLY?

By looking at posts on this and other forums I am so shocked how may people up till now has been scammed by this company and EE hasn't take any measures to close this loop hole. I can't even imagine how these companies are still operating in UK.

Definately after going through this forum and very much convined EE doesn't care about its customers. May be they are getting some percentage on every charge applied from third party.

Shame on EE allowing your customers to be scammed by these scammers.

47 REPLIES 47
muggles708
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Even the regulator (PSA) tries to blame consumers rather than the 'payforit' system. Take this extract from their website for example:

False-X.png

If you get defrauded by closing a pop-up that is perfectly OK by them! Tricking consumers into signing up in this way is against the PSA Code of Practice (and actually against the law as it amounts to fraud).

PSA should be condemning these practices and asking consumers to bring them to their attention. Consumers are made to feel that they have done something wrong and discouraged from reporting this fraud.This results in this type of fraud being massively underreported.

With this attitude from the regulator, is it any wonder that 'payforit' fraud continues on the other networks.

I do believe that pressure is building for the other networks to impose a double opt-in PIN requirement for subscription services. If the networks don't take action themselves, the regulator is now looking at this issue and it would be wholly negligent of them not to act.

moog
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@XRaySpeX  an example  here you go... Take a look a the first page of this thread for your bad attitude:

XraySpex:

"You helped too by not checking your bills & bank a/c's for months on end."

Madi86

"Look like you're a full star contributor on this forum but its difficuilt for me to digest you're suggesting someone to check the monthly statement end of every month and its customer fault when they are not spoting erroneous charges on their account.  

May be its a norm for EE customers here to keep an eye on their bills." 

XRaySpex:

"I am.

Maybe it's should be the sensible norm for the general population to keep an eye on their bills & bank a/c's, esp. in these days of scams & identity thefts."

What kind of help is that to a victim of fraud. .....No you are dead right Xray you are not patronising at all are you.

But to your credit Chris_B and Shockwave were way worsethan you.

@moog: Where do I say there's no fraud going on by suggesting you check your bank a/c & bills regularly? I would have thought that's a good measure for preventing fraud. In fact that is all I have said in this thread. All the other things you alleged are pure figments of your imagination.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
moog
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I don't need to comment further as I've made my point just fine thanks!

See Ya

So that makes it ok then the man was scammed EE did noting to help and your stament

You helped too by not checking your bills & bank a/c's for months on end

and then have the audasity to say

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below..

@shella: & I stand by it. To not check your bank a/c for a year while unexpected charges hit it does not show due diligence.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @shella,

I have replied to your other post 🙂

Please have a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Chris

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@moog: Where do I say there's no fraud going on by suggesting you check your bank a/c & bills regularly? I would have thought that's a good measure for preventing fraud. In fact that is all I have said in this thread. All the other things you alleged are pure figments of your imagination.

I agree with what you said what I don't agree is

The way you said it I have seen other posts by yourself and you don't help the person in the situation they are in. I am not asking that you agree with hat I have said all I ask is that you think about it. this is just my opinion. I am sure you will reply with a cut-throat statement you use words like a brain surgeon.

Cornelia63
Investigator
Investigator

Same here. Trying to get out of it 

but EE is saying they can not help

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cornelia63,

Welcome back to the community.

Have you contacted the company that charged you? You can find out more information in Charges to bill.

James