cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Returned device still paying the new contract

Nicole01257
Visitor

At the end of my contact, I chose to upgrade. One I received the phone, I decided it wasn't for me, so returned it within 14 days. I have confirmation of the return. I have called EE to leave my contact, as I have returned the device and no longer wish to be rush them. O was told that I would need to pay termination fee of over £900 because I have started my new contact. I assume it would revert back to my old one, which has been paid in full now the upgrade has been returned. Is this not the case? They also explained that the upgraded device has not gone through checks at the warehouse yet-over 3 weeks since returning it. I am paying a contract for a device I don't have and cannot leave??

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nicole01257  did you call customer services and arrange for it to be returned ?   Because if you did your account should’ve reverted back to your old tariff by now.    You can not just return the device without arranging this first as you have to use the correct returns procedure as you are sent certain information that has to be sent back with the device.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nicole01257

I've sent you a private message to try and get you some help with this.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris