cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New added new contract

Mark_j98
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I recently took another contract out on my account which is totally fine, it’s a Christmas gift.
2 days after receiving the new phone, I get MY monthly bill, included in my bill is the new phone monthly cost..
does this seem right??
Even if the phone had been used what am I paying for ?? What service am I paying for??

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_j98
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I recently took another contract out on my account which is totally fine, it’s a Christmas gift.
2 days after receiving the new phone, I get MY monthly bill, included in my bill is the new phone monthly cost..
does this seem right??
Even if the phone had been used what am I paying for ?? What service am I paying for??

You took out a new contract as you have stated. Do you think that doesn't need paying for?

You signed a contract and it needs to be paid for regardless if you are using it or not.

You can't just take a contract out and think if I don't use it for a few months I won't have to pay. It doesn't work like that.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

I have answered your other post.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Hi @Mark_j98 ,

If you bought online and things are already completely not what you understood and expected, I would highly recommend to consider cancelling in the initial 14 day period.

Did you intend to gift just a mobile, or the mobile, SIM, and your services in managing the account to the lucky recipient?

If you want to gift a device, it would be better to purchase an unlocked device outright from a retailer which allows change of mind returns (i.e. most others).

If you want to pay the minimum term contract, all additional costs and roaming costs, and spend the time managing the account on behalf of the giftee, this seems to be what you've put yourself on the hook for with the actions you've taken.

If the above doesn't sound like what you intended, it would be better to cancel an online bought contract, but you would need to check further on whether there would be any valid basis to cancel a store bought contract (e.g. contract complete not as described and verbally contracted).

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net