cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Refund Letter

tenpigs
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I received a letter dated 21 September 2021 telling me that a mistake had been made with at least one of my bills and that I would get a refund within 7 working days.

It never arrived. 

So I contacted customer service on the number given in the letter 0800 0790160, but as I was working I couldn't hang on to speak to anyone. I contacted online chat just a few minutes ago.

She claims there has been an adjustment on my last bill (Aug 2021) and couldn't explain why I got the letter.

If I am due a refund of over £100 I'd rather it was in my pocket.

I'm thinking it can't be a scam as that number got me through to EE. It arrived in an EE envelope and has an EE 

Am I due a refund or not? Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @tenpigs ,

I would recommend to download as many of your EE bills and bank statements going as far back as reasonable to determine how much you have paid and how much you should have paid.

Most people sign up to a contract with a fixed cost and fixed length (e.g. GBP 25 over 24 months) so you should be able to roughly determine whether you have been billed correctly or incorrectly. After you've checked the base amount, you can look for any additional costs and whether they seem correct or erroneous. Good luck!

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net