cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Normal download speed but zero upload speed on broadband.

TimeyMaster
Investigator
Investigator

Hi did you ever find a solution to this issue,

I am on 2 EE routers and one I bought my self now and one openreach visit and my second coming on the 23rd,

router and first OR visit showed DL approx. Speed 32mbps and UL speed around the 5.5 mbps, the OR engineer felt the issue was at EE's end not receiving the data i am sending?

but when we do a speed test we see the DL speed fine but the UL speed is 0 and the internet is unusable,

so was there a solution found so i can pass this on to the EE agents I'm working with or the OR engineers so I can get this issue solved please?

@James_B 

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@TimeyMaster : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

1:- IMG_4677.jpg

2:- the test stops at testing the upload speed and will not go any further, here is a ookla one if that helps

dls.png

3:-

Capture.PNG

just so you know the router was received today and installed around 2 hours ago

You are getting an upstream sync speed of 5 Meg, well within your expected range & towards the top of it. There's no reason for speedtests to report zero. Even on ADSL with an upstream speeds of about 1 Meg, speedtests would be capable of returning 0.9 Meg. You are running speedtests wired?

Your downstream speeds are fine.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

yea this was preformed on a Ethernet connect pc but we get the same results on wifi, i also get a 0 mbps UL on my company BB speed checking, and thats why this is important to me as i work from home so i need this to be working

Could be faulty Ethernet. Try another cable. Try another router port.

Lol that won’t help the issue when it is happening on WiFi as well like I said in my last post!

@TimeyMaster  are you able to test with a different device, and a different test site - ie speedtest.net

It is the same on 1 pc on its own gigabyte Ethernet, 2 pcs on a 100 megabyte Ethernet, 1 laptop on WiFi, 2 phones on WiFi, 1 tablet on WiFi, tested with ookly speed test, bt wholesale speed test, my company’s speed test, Google’s speed test all showing 0 upload speed!