cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Potential EE mis-selling

svengoranturner
Explorer

Good evening,

Last year I extended my 12 month SIM only contract with EE for what I believed to be another 12 months. On phoning up today to give notice to end the contract, I was surprised to be told I had another 388 days left to go.

I requested that they give me some sort of proof that I had knowingly agreed to a 24 month contract and was told they would call me back. Unfortunately no one has got back to me.

There is no way I would have intentionally signed up to a 2 year SIM only deal, so I would simply like some proof that this is what I knowingly agreed to.

Does anyone on here have any experience and advice with how to deal with EE in this matter?

Many thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well silly me for trusting EE 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @svengoranturner 

What does your "contract end date" show as, within your myEE online account/app?

It shows as a 24 month contract. I am not disputing that this is what they have it as, I’m just certain it’s not what I agreed to.

I don't have a direct answer, but I suspect your main issue may be in proving that you hadn't checked the contract length sometime over the previous year.

@svengoranturner   why didn’t you look at your account to check this when you took out the contract?   It was there as soon as your current contract started.  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

There was no need at all to extend your contract. These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel or upgrade.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Well silly me for trusting EE 🙂

Do you have an email from EE with the new contract details from when you upgraded? My last one has the contract length in it.