cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel Firmware

sjdean
Investigator
Investigator

Ok. I usually buy my phone's direct from Google and use a Sim Only plan.

Noting that the Pixel 6 Pro is "out of stock" and unavoidable for pre order, and wanting to take advantage of the expensive Bose headphone deal, I took a plunge and upgraded on EE.

Now I'm worrying.

Is the firmware "EE" branded that has to go through EE validation before release, or is it standard and stock, generic Google? TBH, that's probably a deal breaker for me. If it is EE branded.

And the final question is on support. If my phone breaks within the first couple of years, say a battery failure, will EE do what Google did and send me a replacement phone allowing me to send my old one back at my leisure? Don't fancy a CPW scenario of being without my phone for a month waiting on a repair.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marmin
Explorer

Ive had a Pixel 2XL and a 4XL, both from EE on an upgrade and neither were branded in any way, no badging and no different software or apps installed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
marmin
Explorer

Ive had a Pixel 2XL and a 4XL, both from EE on an upgrade and neither were branded in any way, no badging and no different software or apps installed.