cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Phone not working in Spain following change of contract

SpookyAnne
Investigator
Investigator

I made a big mistake and changed from a monthly contract to PAYG monthly bundles because the company supplying my business phones. 

Well since the change on the 9th all calls are carried from EU, all texts barred, everything basically is stuffed. My own business relies on phone contact so have a feeling the only option is to get a release code and change to another provider. 

Done every trick in the book and still nothing. 
anyone else had same issues?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @SpookyAnne ,

Welcome to the community,

When you changed from a monthly contract to pay as you go, did you first use your SIM card in the UK?

Changing from monthly to pay as you go, you would first have to activate and use your SIM card in the UK for it to work and there is no way to get it working while in Spain, unless you can send your SIM card to someone in the UK to use it make a payable call or text etc first and then return it to you or you can come back to the UK to activate it, sorry, that is the only way.

I believe this would apply to any other provider here in the UK.

Another option is to apply for a replacement SIM card and make sure that someone in the UK can receive it and activate it and make a chargeable call or text and then send the SIM card to you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @SpookyAnne ,

Welcome to the community,

When you changed from a monthly contract to pay as you go, did you first use your SIM card in the UK?

Changing from monthly to pay as you go, you would first have to activate and use your SIM card in the UK for it to work and there is no way to get it working while in Spain, unless you can send your SIM card to someone in the UK to use it make a payable call or text etc first and then return it to you or you can come back to the UK to activate it, sorry, that is the only way.

I believe this would apply to any other provider here in the UK.

Another option is to apply for a replacement SIM card and make sure that someone in the UK can receive it and activate it and make a chargeable call or text and then send the SIM card to you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @SpookyAnne 

Welcome to the community

All new PAYG SIMs need to be used on EE's UK network before they will work abroad, this includes migrations from pay-monthly.

If you're currently abroad, and your SIM has changed from pay-monthly to PAYG whilst abroad, your SIM will not now work until it is used in the UK.

OK so basically my phone is useless until I go and visit the UK to see my husband? 

they didn’t tell me that when I made the alterations in the UK to the contest 

well I guess I’m stuffed. 

@SpookyAnne , why do you not order a replacement SIM card and then your husband will be able to activate and use once at least and then send it to you? Or send yours back to him and he can activate and make a chargeable call or text.

Will try that, thanks
Spooks

Sent on behalf of
Anne Germain Ltd

@SpookyAnne , You are welcome, glad to help, hope you get it sorted one way or another.

Thanks.

Sent on behalf of
xxxx xxxxxxx xxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]