cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

P30 lite w/ xmas gift

Robc86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hey 

Wondering if someone can offer some information/advice.

Story so far... 

Was at my local retail park and noticed EE had an Xmas offer for the p30 lite with free TV or Nintendo switch note I am already an EE customer (partners phone) 

Rather than mess about in shop I figured I'd head home after shopping and order it online as I was due an upgrade anyways (currently on old VM package).

Completed the order website said at time phone was in stock for delivery within 2days max.

Received email containing order number and stating processing and will be back in touch sms/email.

Checked emails this morning nothing so decided to ring customer service. Having spoke to someone I've been informed it's out of stock....

She said something bout re processing it to which I replayed I don't want that as I'll loose the Xmas gift. So apparently I've bee. Put in to some thing called out of stock bin?

Not been told any time frames just to call back end of week..... 

Am I going to get the Xmas gift?

What about the phone?

Any ideas on time frames?

Bit useless certainly not the same level of service I received originally when taking out the first contract... 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Robc86 🙂

The current estimated guidance is that it'll be dispatched within 7 days.

Chris

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Robc86  If the phones out of stock you’ll have to wait till is back in stock and you can not click the gift until 14 days have passed then the gift is sent out 30 days later. 

Robc86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Chris_B  thanks for replying I fully understand I'll have to wait for the device to come back in to stock.... But it was apparently in stock when I ordered through the website? Having been told it is out of stock I wasent given a time frame just told I'm in the "out of stock bin" any ideas how long it takes to replenish stock? 

Also regarding the Xmas gift. As my device selected (p30 lite) is out of stock would I still receive the sms in the same advertised time frame? 

Or will I be left waiting for the device to deliver first before that process even starts. 

Thanks for the reply 

Christopher_G

Hi @Robc86

Welcome to the community.

You'll get the text message after having the phone for 14 days.

You'll still be eligible for the free gift, as you've ordered within the eligibility period.

We'll be in contact once the phone's in stock.

Chris 🙂

Robc86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Christopher_G  thanks for the reply.

Any ideas how long it takes for the device to be restocked and then shipped? 

At the moment I'm left with its in the out of stock bin and no time frame what so ever.

Xmas gift should be for Xmas right?

So if I'm waiting say 14days before I get device then another 14 days for gift sms I doubt I'd receive said gift in by the end January let alone Xmas?

Christopher_G

Hopefully, soon @Robc86. Which colour and memory size did you choose?

As long as you've received the message before 13th December, your gift should arrive before Christmas.

Chris

Robc86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Christopher_G the order was for the p30 lite peacock blue with 128gb storage. On a 10gb essential plan. 

Christopher_G

Thanks @Robc86 🙂

The current estimated guidance is that it'll be dispatched within 7 days.

Chris

Robc86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Christopher_G  well that's certainly alot better than " it's in the out of stock bin".

Thanks for the help I'll keep my eyes peeled for an email if nothing closer to the end of week I'll get back in touch. 

Thanks again @Christopher_G 

Christopher_G

Not sure where this person got the 'out of stock bin' term from, but I don't like it, @Robc86. 🙂

It's on back-order. 🙂

Chris