cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Osprey will not update firmware

Wizenedbadger
Investigator
Investigator

I've checked other posts and worryingly, cannot find anything that provides an answer.

I have an Osprey that whenever I try to update the firmware on it, just says "checking" and then comes back "error"

All AV and protection on the PC I am using has been turned off, so not that.

Have reset the device multiple times - same issue.

Can't find a manual way of updating at all

This is a contract device supplied by EE.

Tried using different browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome and IE) all the same

Not great.

Tried getting thorugh to "Support" but left hanging on hold for far too long. 

Help.

7 REPLIES 7
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Wizenedbadger ,

Welcome to the community,

Not sure how long you were waiting for someone from EE to speak to you, as this does not seem to happen to me, but I believe you will have to wait for EE to release the firmware update before you can install it, but you will get it,

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wizenedbadger

Welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to our technical support team on 150?

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Which Osprey is it? The "Mini" or the not "Mini"?

What is its current Software Version?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi mate

Must just be unlucky, but I've tried a few times and gave up

As for the update, then all well and good, but there is no manual update process to install it. To be honest as well, I'm not even sure that any update may make the router better anyway, but I want to try it before I bin the thing off as I'm fed up with having to reset it every so often and also have pretty awful signal, even in areas that supposedly have "good" coverage.

As stated in the initial post, yes, I have.

Mistakenly thought that someone may well know why this happens and could assist better without the need to take more time out and try and call another tech support line.

Hi

Osprey mini - firmware version Y855_E1_01.16_14

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wizenedbadger,

Have you received a notification to say you need to update your software manually? Any new software updates should be pushed to your device automatically.

James