cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Old sim card - new phone.

res_93
Visitor

Good Morning,

I have been an orange/ee customer for nearly 10 years + . 

I have never had what you would call " a hi tech - smart phone" I've only every used the basic type of handsets. 

My current handset is a simple touch screen phone (alcatel), which I use for calls/texts, emails and some apps (when connecting to wi-fi)

I would like in the future to get a new handset, something more hi tech than what I am used to, but still something that is easy to operate.

My question is, can I put my old sim card in a new handset? (I have heard of people cutting sim cards to fit) or would I need to get a new sim card to fit in the new phone?

I would like to keep my existing phone number, contacts and items which are saved on my phone etc.

I don't use data, and I am not in a position for a contract phone. I want to stay as a "pay as you go" customer.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @res_93 

You can put your existing SIM into any phone that has the right size slot.

Or you can order a replacement SIM from EE, there might be a small charge from EE if you're on PAYG but this is only likely to be a couple of ££

That replacement SIM would then enable you to transfer your number and plan across to a new phone.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@res_93 : A replacement SIM of the right size having the same no. costs £1.50 contract or PAYG. If you get 1 I don't think it will carry forward your SIM contacts unless you get it in am EE store where they have SIM copying machines for this purpose.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)