cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Not received returns pack and deadline running out in 5 days

shagaboopon
Investigator
Investigator

I've still not received my returns pack for my old device and now have only 5 days to return the device.  I completed a customer service form on Friday and have received no response from there about the issue.

I spent 45 minutes on hold to the Brightstar number with no answer and have been on hold for 20 minutes this morning and will shortly have to hang up so I can start my work meetings.  

All I would like is some confirmation that a returns pack is on its way to me and that I will not be charged for any delay which is clearly not my fault.  With all that's going on at the moment in the world, the arbitrary 14 day period to return incidentally seems like poor customer service.

14 REPLIES 14

Waiting 15 minutes on hold is being patient, waiting in excess of 45 minutes is frankly horrendous customer service.  Besides everything else I can't dedicate over an hour of my life to being on hold as I have other work to attend to during the day which means I have to keep hang up and then start again.

ArcaneTSGK
Investigator
Investigator

Same for me, I upgraded to Galaxy S21 and now I'm stressed that I'm going to get a charge of £350 because I haven't had the return pack to send my S10 off yet, I've 7 days left and getting worried now, I can't afford to be charged £350 for something that isn't my fault!

shagaboopon
Investigator
Investigator

Been on hold for 30 minutes first thing and 1 hour and 15 minutes on current call so far this morning.  Still nobody has answered the phone in that time.  Sent an email too and not received any response to that yet either.  Appalling customer service, think it might be ombudsman time.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello all, 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you spoke with our customer care team?

Who is it your in contact with at the moment is this Brightstar?

Katie.

Hi Katie,

I have so far been unable to speak to anyone at Brightstar via phone or email and that is the core issue.  I've been on hold for 1 hour and 40 minutes so far on the current call I'm on and there has been no answer.  Is this seriously expected that EE customers should wait this long on hold to have their queries answered.  Your site clearly states you're working in partnership with Brightstar but it would seem they're customer service is falling woefully short of expectations by your customers.

I've not tried speaking to the EE customer care team yet as I figured having been on hold for so long to Brightstar I may as well keep trying until I have to hang up.  

Kind regards

xxxxx xxxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

I have now finally got through after just shy of 2 hours on hold and they assured me a return package had previously been sent but they will arrange for another to be issued now.  

It's taken nearly 4 hours of my time to get this far on what should have just been a automatic service and sent with the new device.  Here's hoping I receive the next one although they did advise they would send a postal address via email so I can send the device in by my own means if I haven't received anything this week.

Did they say who they send the return pack by, i.e. yodel, Royal Mail etc.. ?

Hope I can get some other kind of resolution other than sitting on hold because I can't do that whilst working and most of these companies only have lines open during office hours

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @shagaboopon

I am happy to hear you got through to a agent and your trade in pack is on its way. 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. 

Take care, 

Katie. 

@ArcaneTSGK I'm afraid I didn't ask but I would guess Royal Mail as otherwise they'd be able to track the delivery.  I would recommend emailing them and then contact the EE customer services team and let them know the times and length of calls you've made trying to get through with no contact to put a stop on any charges being applied.  

While not an official response the person I spoke to did indicate that EE do allow a little leeway before they look to apply charges (like they start chasing up around the 30 day mark usually to check if the old device was returned).  That being said we do obviously need to get a pack to return our devices so it only alleviates the worry that on the 14th February we'll be immediately charged.