cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New sim card not working

simutemazhute
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

I needed a UK mobile number, but I am currently in Lithuania. My friend sent me a new pack, and I placed it in my phone, etc, however I can't make any calls, and no one can call me. I thought it is because sometimes it takes 24 hours for a new sim to work, but it's been more than that. Than I thought maybe it is because I am abroad and new UK sim card can't start working abroad immediately before being turned on in the UK first.

Also the pack says 20 pounds pack, but I only topped it up 5 pounds, might it be because of that? I don't know how to activate the card and not sure what to do, as I can't call EE anyways to ask for help.

Please can you advice? 

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @simutemazhute,

I'm afraid it isn't possible to activate a new SIM on a roaming network. They can only be activated on the EE network in the UK.

James

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T

Hi @simutemazhute

Thanks for coming to the community. 

To use a pay as you go SIM card abroad, this would need activating on the EE network first by making a call or text in the UK. 

Was this done before the SIM was sent to you? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

my friend just bought it and shipped it to me. It wasn't activated or
anything.

Can you advice how can I do it from abroad?

Many thanks
Simona
James_B

Hi @simutemazhute,

Sorry, new SIM cards need to be connected to the EE network in the UK before they can be used on a roaming network.

James

Hi James,

Is there anyway I can connect being abroad?

Many thanks,
Simona
James_B

Hi @simutemazhute,

I'm afraid it isn't possible to activate a new SIM on a roaming network. They can only be activated on the EE network in the UK.

James