cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New iPhone sim

Tracey55
Investigator
Investigator

My new iPhone hasn’t activated on my new phone and my old phone no longer makes calls so must have been deactivated. 

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @Tracey55 

Welcome to the community

Apologies, but can you clarify what you mean by "new iPhone hasn't activated on my new phone"? Do you have a physcal SIM or an eSIM?

If you have a physical SIM, EE often supply a replacement SIM with upgrade phones incase, for whatever reason, your existing SIM doesn't work.

If your existing SIM isn't working, then it follows that your new SIM should be live instead.

Hi
They sent me a new sim as part of the upgrade which I have put into my new phone but I can’t make calls from it and I can’t make calls from my old phone either.

Sent from my iPhone

I got a new sim as part of my upgrade which I installed into my new phone but I can’t make calls from my new phone or my old phone. 

Do both phones use the same size SIM slot? If so, logic would follow that one of the 2 SIMs should be active so I'd advise trying both in turn.

If you still have no success, then I would suggest calling EE C/S from another phone using 0800 0798586, and speaking to an agent to check which SIM should be active,

I don’t understand - if both phones currently have no services why would switching sims work? 

I would recommend calling EE C/S and speaking to an agent. They will have access to your individual account which is what'll be required to advise further.