cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New SIM Only Monthly

Lustral
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered a new SIM card via online EE shop using an EE Perk discount yesterday, So I got the SIM delivered today , however it seemed that it is still not active. 

How long does the SIM take to activate ? I spoke to someone via the online chat and they told me to call a 0800 number ? Bit of a poor experience. However I was told I need to wait 24 hours for it to be activated. 

Not a great start really on my return to EE. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lustral
Contributor
Contributor

Well after a 30-40 min call to the EE Customer Service Team .... it eventually got sorted. It seems that the number that was issued to me was an old previous Pay as you go number. So im guessing they did something behind the scenes to get it back as a PAYM number and now it is connected it seems.

Least the gentleman was helpful and sorted it out for me 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lustral  sim card can take up to 24 hours to activate that’s not it will take 24 hours to activate it could take only a few hours.   Try restarting the device a few times. 

@Chris_B @I have tried restarting a few times already, but I’ll guess I will await a bit for it to kick in.

Lustral
Contributor
Contributor

Well after a 30-40 min call to the EE Customer Service Team .... it eventually got sorted. It seems that the number that was issued to me was an old previous Pay as you go number. So im guessing they did something behind the scenes to get it back as a PAYM number and now it is connected it seems.

Least the gentleman was helpful and sorted it out for me