cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New SIM Deal - 14 Day Cooling Off

Profile closed
Not applicable

Recently signed up for a SIM only deal with EE and my number is due to port over tomorrow. Not sure I selected enough data, when I called up was told I could either cancel the line and get a new one or wait 30 days and make a change to the tariff.

Is that the correct information? Seems counter-productive to cancel and request a new line or to have to wait for 30 days before I can update the tariff!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you give us a call on 150 from the EE SIM, the team will be happy to check the plan and see what options are available for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Profile closed 

If you were told that by EE CS then the information will be correct. You are signed up to a contract and can cancel within 14 days. If you want to amend that contract then it will need to be cancelled and a new one taken/application made.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Profile closed
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @Northerner 😃

Seems a bit counter productive to me, to ask someone to cancel and then start a new line.

BT-M allow you to change your package at any point and if you’re within your 14 day cooling off period they’ll match the deal you have seen online.

Given that they’re all one big happy family you’d think the rules would be the same across the two brands.

my number is due to port from BT to EE tomorrow so I will wait the 30 days and see if I can change the package then. 

(The only reason I moved over is because I missed the additional features like eSIM support and Visual Voicemail)

Leanne_T

Hi @Profile closed

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you give us a call on 150 from the EE SIM, the team will be happy to check the plan and see what options are available for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Profile closed
Not applicable

Thanks @Leanne_T 

Called up and spoke with customer services today and they upped my data allowance to unlimited for an extra £4!

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @Profile closed

Leanne.