cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New Pixel 5 arrived in a plastic bag?

surajchotalia
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone who received their Pixel 5 brand new from EE, how was the packaging? Did it come in an original box and did the Pixel have a plastic sticker wrapping on it or was it in a plastic bag? I ordered a brand new pixel 5 from EE just got it, however the phone doesn't have a plastic sticker wrapping around it that you peel off, even the void stickers are different EE own ones, not Google ones. My sister received her Pixel 5 from Carphone warehouse few days ago, hers wasn't in a plastic. Ag and had the screen sticker on it. I spoke with someone from Customer service who told me Google changed their packaging from time to time but why would they just slip it into a plastic bag and then into the box? It just doesn't seem right...did they me Good As New by mistake or am I just unnecessarily worrying here? 

20210416_092337.jpg

20210416_092357.jpg

20210416_092314.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
surajchotalia
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot_20210416-095240_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210416-095249_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210416-095257_Gallery.jpg

I'm trying to post the pictures on here but don't know why they aren't working 😔

Don't worry, your images were awaiting approval. I have now done so & they should appear soon.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Can someone olease help me out here, I don't know what to do with the phone or whether or not this is strange 😔

So spoke with someone who could figure out what has happened at EE returns. They checked the phones order history. The phone was sent to a customer on the 21st of March, the customer then returned the product after using it for 2 days. Then EE inspected it and because the figured it was in 'pristine' condition they wrapped it back up with in a plastic bag and shrink wrapped and added void stickers to the box to be sold new. Who would ever know this happens. They can't offer me an exchange for a new one apparently even though this is their doing, I have to return it and place the order again for a contract. You order a phone expecting to use it for 2 years, and you get someone's used return. I don't know who to get angry at at the moment. 😠😡😡😡

I gave up in the end, don't have words to express the daylight robbery they are doing to their customers. First of all someone in the complaints department called me to apologise and basicly just offer me the same solution as they initially had, which is to return their used phone they sent me and going through having to order a new one, the guarantee that this won't happen again? None. Word of advice to people wanting to buy phones from EE in the future, the woman on the final call reiterated that it is OFFICIALLY STANDARD PRACTICE for EE to repackage phones that are returned in 'pristine' condition and sell them as new to customers. She repeated this stance many times in her call. I was and still am gobsmacked. Apparently they don't mind robbing customers money, if someone has took a new car out of the showroom and used it for a few days then returned it, can the showroom sell the car again as a NEW car? No. But EE are more than happy to rob customers in this way. Don't forget that they even offer phones which are 'like new' that is a whole different category and they are adamant to not sell 'pristine' used phones in that category. So what is the conclusion out of all this? When buying a new phone from EE, if EE branded void stickers are on the packaging then return the phone, if the phone is wrapped in plastic inside the box then return the phone if however you don't want to give EE the chance to rob you in broad daylight then stay away from them like Corona.

I gave up in the end, don't have words to express the daylight robbery they are doing to their customers. First of all someone in the complaints department called me to apologise and basicly just offer me the same solution as they initially had, which is to return their used phone they sent me and going through having to order a new one, the guarantee that this won't happen again? None. Word of advice to people wanting to buy phones from EE in the future, the woman on the final call reiterated that it is OFFICIALLY STANDARD PRACTICE for EE to repackage phones that are returned in 'pristine' condition and sell them as new to customers. She repeated this stance many times in her call. I was and still am gobsmacked. Apparently they don't mind robbing customers money, if someone has took a new car out of the showroom and used it for a few days then returned it, can the showroom sell the car again as a NEW car? No. But EE are more than happy to rob customers in this way. Don't forget that they even offer phones which are 'like new' that is a whole different category and they are adamant to not sell 'pristine' used phones in that category. So what is the conclusion out of all this? When buying a new phone from EE, if EE branded void stickers are on the packaging then return the phone, if the phone is wrapped in plastic inside the box then return the phone if however you don't want to give EE the chance to rob you in broad daylight then stay away from them like Corona.

for the full detail history of what happened, you can check my post about Pixel 5 being delivered in a plastic bag for my NEW phone contract. 

@surajchotalia  

i’ve just seen your other post what you could be do is saying “I would like a discount on it because it is not a brand-new device it is a good as new device and EE sell the tariffs for these at a reduced rate”.   I’ve got a good as new device and I get a £5 discount on the tariff per month because of this. my device was only 2 weeks old when I got it and it’s mint you wouldn’t know I had such a device.  But I purchased this knowing it was a good as new device and if it wasn’t mint I would of sent it back. 

Or you could just return it. 

No that is wrong. I do not want a discount and I do not want good as new whatever they sell that as. I ordered a brand new phone not good as new or not pristine used condition. I spoke with 2 EE representatives over this who handled my case, one from the return channel who admitted that 'pristine' used returns within the 14 day period are repackaged and sold onto customers as NEW, not good as new or as pristine. The second person I spoke to handled customer complaints, this was my final call which I talked about, she also confirmed that Pristine returns within the 14 day period are packaged as New by EE knowingly and without informing the customer on contract sold as NEW, NOT GOOD AS NEW, those have a seperate criteria, both confirmed this over the phone call various times. Last thing I want is a discount, I paid for a brand new device therefore I should receive a brand new untouchdd device not one used and returned in prestine condition.