cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Netgear MR1100 IPv6

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I came across a post suggesting IPv6 on the Netgear MR1100 is fully functional with a screenshot as proof.

Has anyone been able to get this to work? There are other counter opinions that lack of IPv6 configuration on the LAN means it won't work.

https://superuser.com/questions/1446440/does-the-nighthawk-m1-support-ipv6/1446441

Thought I should credit the one known-good IPv6 configuration I'm aware of on EE's network outside of mobiles: https://github.com/jamesmacwhite/hh70-ee/wiki/IPv6-support

Each reset of the radio does seem to obtain a new IPv6 address on the router's WAN. DHCPv6 on the opnsense firewall obtains a vastly different address (same /64 subnet) despite being connected to the router's LAN port and an IPv6 gateway is seen that can be hit. Strangely, the opnsense box cannot hit the router's WAN with this default configuration but if I statically assign one address higher than the WAN IP to the opnsense WAN, pingv6 then works ok.

Name resolution of ipv6-test.com worked once but it was not reproducible.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mikeliuk : You'd be far better off asking on the leading UK BB technical forum, ThinkBroadBand Forums which has a far greater depth of knowledge of & expertise in various routers & suchlike. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)