cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Missold contract upgrade anytime

davidbrockway
Investigator
Investigator

I recently I say recently a few months ago took a iPhone 12 pro max contract out via EE sales live chat.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, 128GB  Pacific Blue. 

Plan: Smart Plan Upgrade anytime.

What happens when I go to upgrade?

You can't upgrade to a Samsung s21 ultra due to the price difference never mentioned to me when EE sold me the plan on livechat was told I could upgrade any time to any device for £200.

Okay so I didn't fight that and left that iPhone 13 range just came out tried upgrading to the iPhone 13 / 13 mini and been told the same thing again.

EE miss sold a contract on livechat and never mentioned about the plan difference on upgrade anytime. (Misrepresentation Act 1967), EE sold me a contract and miss repented what upgrade any team means. 

EE is a con, and I will be taking this to the court of law.

Livechat just gave me the return address the iPhone 12 pro max will be on it way back to EE whist I fight being miss sold a contract in the court of law and Misrepresentation Act 1967.

4 REPLIES 4
davidbrockway
Investigator
Investigator

Misrepresentation Act 1967 this will help you. 

EE miss sold you a contract you can't upgrade anytime unless its to a higher plan or a higher price device.

EE never mentions this when it sells you the phone tho. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon @davidbrockway

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

To upgrade anytime, the monthly payment must be at least the same as or higher than the monthly payment for your current plan. 

Full details can be found in our terms and conditions.

If you would like this looked into further please give us a call on 150. 

Leanne. 

davidbrockway
Investigator
Investigator

EE miss sold a contract on livechat and never mentioned about the plan difference on upgrade anytime. (Misrepresentation Act 1967), EE sold me a contract and miss repented what upgrade any team means. 

EE is a con, and I will be taking this to the court of law.

Livechat just gave me the return address the iPhone 12 pro max will be on it way back to EE whist I fight being miss sold a contract in the court of law and Misrepresentation Act 1967.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear this @davidbrockway

I would like to help you get this looked into, I've sent you a private message for some extra details. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.