cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Lost 4G, intermittent mobile signal.

JonHarper67
Investigator
Investigator

I have a Huawei P20 Pro, two days ago the mobile signal was lost and since then it's had no 4G, sometimes a signal with E, sometimes signal with no internet, very occasionally a signal with 4G but no internet connection and quite often no signal at all with Emergency calls only. 

I've restarted the phone endless times, mobile data on and off, taken sim out and back in. Reset APNs and tried every setting in mobile data. Doesn't matter where I am as I've been to London and back with work last two days and been exactly the same. 

Haven't got another mobile to test sim card in.  

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @JonHarper67 ,

Has you phone been set to prefer 3G connections over 4G connections? A search online should show you how to inspect this.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Hi,

Preferred network mode has only one setting and is on 4G/3G/2G auto. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @JonHarper67.

Welcome to the community.

To get to the router of the problem we will need to find out if your phone or your SIM card is causing this.

Are you able to get to an EE Store to try another SIM?

Jon

Hi @Jon_K 

Possibly tomorrow, should I book an appointment?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JonHarper67

If you wish to book an appointment at your local store you can do so by visiting this page

Katie 🙂