cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Lines across screen

Natalia588
Visitor

Can I ask why my husbands phone which is less than 2 months old is not allowed a repair under warranty. The phone is always in a protective case and has not been dropped. Its a Samsung note ultra which was an upgrade in April. The phone did an update today, and when it turned back on from the update it now has black lines across the screen and a small patch in those lines where the pixels have also gone. On the phone he was told its a screen repair and not covered under manufacturer warranty or under ee warranty. The second area of blacked out pixels is because he was told to reset the phone by an advisor when they were already told the update was the cause of the first pixel problem. The phone is brand new and the screen should be covered the manufacturer warranty. Why has he been told he has to pay for the repair on a faulty brand new device. 

2 REPLIES 2
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I believe the retailer has certain responsibilities under the law.

Does the advice at the below URL help?

Edit: one strategy which is often successful is to clear a day, take a book, and remain in the store escalating through every person onsite and available by phone until someone accepts responsibility. Eventually you escalate to someone whose time is more valuable than to bother objecting and then you get your way. It's not pretty but it works when needed. 🤓

Edit2: just make sure to treat everyone as a human being and like you would treat your own family members. The argument is how would the store assistant feel if they spend half a month or a month's salary on an expensive device and it broke so soon. They'll help nice and reasonable people who they can relate to. Use videos if some problems are intermittent. 😃

Edit3: I recommend to reject the device as faulty. A non-faulty device cannot require a repair so early in its life, and the failed interventions confirm it is faulty. If you keep asserting it is faulty, the responsibility to prove otherwise falls on the retailer.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product-aTTEK2g0YuEy

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Natalia588.

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to take the phone into one of our EE Stores?

They will be able to take a look at it, and send it off for repair if necessary.

Jon