cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Huawei p30 screen replacement.

ch33zy
Investigator
Investigator

I dropped my Huawei p30 the other month..

The glass screen has smashed even though I had a glass protector on it, also had a silicone case.. But it wasn't enough. 

Anyways. The phone still works, the touch screen still worked, its just that I couldn't see it, I could also still here the person I was talking to..

but alas, I can't plug it in to my pc to get everything off it,

EE customer service won't give me a rough quote as to the cost of the repair as I have to send the phone back.. But I don't want yo take that chance as my brother in law did similar and they lost his device "in transaction"  so it never reached the repair center..

I want to get the phone repaired, I've been quoted an extortionate amount elsewhere...

Just wanted to se if anyone else has a rough idea of the cost of repair. 

6 REPLIES 6
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

ch33zy.. I'm guessing you don't have insurance?  The only thing I can suggest is doing a google search for your phone and screen repair and see what you can find.  I know Timpsons do screen repairs (they have a van at my local supermarket), but there will be others.

There's a place near me that does screen repairs, when I called them up the day I did it.. They quoted me £70.. Seemed reasonable.

When I drove there, handed it over, the price shot up to £200.

When I asked why, he said because I thought you said p30 lite.. 

I tried calling EE CS, and they'd said the phone would need to be sent off before they'd give me a quote.

I'm not risking losing my phone for a quote.. 

However, apparently I can trade it in and get about £100 for it in the condition its in.. My contract can be renewed in a few weeks.. So may just do that. 

It's because it isn't EE that looks at it so if EE gave you a quote then the repair centre quoted higher you wouldn't be happy.

But £200 ball park is close to what you'll get near enough everywhere if you want genuine gorilla glass installed.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I'll ring ee tomorrow and see if they'll give me some sort of idea how much it'll cost..

If they can repair it, I'll go as far as £100 as it's a real decent phone and then I'll go on a sim free contract, but if I get £100 cashback on a trade in.. Then I'll be happy with that.

Either ones good for me. 

EAe won't give you any idea how much that's the point here.

It's.not them looking at the phone.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I have the same problem.

Huawei don't use gorilla glass either it's a cheaper glass hence why it breaks so easy.

I found a place called lovescreen who replace the glass for £124.

Huawei do the same for £180 but have your phone for weeks and say the price could go up.

I would never get a Huawei again as the screens are awful