cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Phone repair query

Craig_Bhoy
Investigator
Investigator

I'm considering sending my Huawei p30 for a repair with EE after a local repair shop fixed the screen but now it has vertical lines running down it.

My question is what happens if Ee decide they can't repair it or if I think the quote is too dear - do they return my phone to me?

Also do they give any NHS discount on repairs?

And finally does the repair come with a warranty? 

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Craig_Bhoy

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about your phone.

If the repairs are covered under warranty, we'll carry them out and return the phone to you. If not, you'll be given a quotation. We won't carry out any repairs until you've confirmed you're happy with the quote.

If you're not happy with the quote, the phone will be sent back to you without carrying out the repair work.

I've looked through the terms and there is no mention of discounts or extended warranty. It may depend on the manufacturer.

Chris

Hi Chris

Many thanks for your helpful reply.

One other question that has came up, do they wipe the phone when they repair it? I'm keen to avoid this so might just have to get it repaired at a local phone shop if so.

Thanks

Craig

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

They may have to wipe it as part of the repair, so we recommend backing up all of your information before sending it off, @Craig_Bhoy.

Here's the terms and conditions of getting your phone repaired.

Chris