cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Huawei mate 20 pro pre order

Hannahcc92
Visitor

Hi, 

Me and partner both preordered our huawei mate 20 pro on the 20th october which was all straight forward and no problems at this point. I checked my ee tracker on thursday 25th october to say that it had been dispatched and my new ee plan had started. I also had a text message to say that my phone would be available to collect on friday once the store opens. I stayed up of my night shift and went into the store when it opened at 10am which they told me that the phone was not there and that they dont get deliveries off dpd until lunch time and that i was to come back later in the afternoon. They asured myself it would be there. When i went back at 3pm, it had not arrived with their delivery. Rang ee myself who told me its got nothing to do with them as its ee retail and that i have to demand to speak to a manager. The ee store guy couldnt tell me why i hadnt received the phone and he then called his area manager who told me that my order had been delayed due to a delivery issue. The area manager finally gave me a tracking number. I spent 20minutes in store trying to ring dpd with no answer. 20 minutes at home again with no answer which i then gave up. Before i left store the area manager assured me that it would be delivered in store on saturday 27th october. When i checked dpd tracker online it said that they depatched it from hinckley depot but it got sent to dartford depot in opposite direction. I finally rang on dpd on saturday morning at 8am and got an answer. The lady i spoke to said there was a problem with the van and it got diverted to dartford. She then assured me that it would be delivered monday as they missed the opportunity to put it on another van on friday evening for it to be delivered saturday. She also told me that ee didnt supply dpd with any contact details for myself to receive updates. The ee guy from the store rang me to say that it hadnt come in with the deliveries and it would be monday which confirmed what dpd had told me. I checked the tracker last night which showed that the parcel had been depatched from hinckley depot to billingham depot but there has been no more updates. I then rang dpd again and before speaking to someone the automated service told me that it would be delivered today which has baffled me. I spoke to the woman at dpd who was rude and tried to cut the conversation short. Which she told me it would be tomorrow i would get it still which i knew anyways but i just wanted an update. I feel like i have had rubbish communication and both me and my partner are fed up. We have been messed about. What is worse that we both can walk into a ee shop today and get the phone there and then but we preordered so we could receive the free accessories and not have any hassle.

From one very frustrated customer.  

55 REPLIES 55
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hannahcc92  you need to make a complaint to DPD for screwing this up.   

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hannahcc92

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the phones yet.

It sounds, from your description, that your contact details were set up correctly from our side, as you received the text message telling you that the parcel would be available to pick up.

I know it seems that the delivery has been around the houses, but, hopefully it'll be there today.

DPD will be in the best position to give you updates.

Let us know what happens.

Chris

joe9099
Contributor
Contributor

I pre ordered mine and still saying dispatch in 24 hours,:( absolutely terrible service from dpd 

Christopher_G

Hi @joe9099

Have you received any texts from DPD about your order?

Chris

Nope i have not, 😞

No text from DPD either.

Christopher_G

Did you get an order confirmation email from us, @joe9099 & @Chrissemple?

Chris

I'm still waiting too. Ordered it last week and was told I couldn't pick it up in store even though they have it in stock. The first time I've ever pre ordered something and haven't gotten it early/on time.

I am having the exact same issue as you guys.  What's frustrating is EE don't seem to be able to provide me a tracking number so I can get touch with DPD.  Ee are also saying it's out of their control and I just need to wait for a text from DPD.  What if someone has stolen the package?  What if it's been delivered to wrong address?  Without accurate tracking how am I supposed to know.  Really disappointed at both DPD and Ee.