cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Have EE corrupted my SIM

Hantsome
Investigator
Investigator

27/12/20 I upgraded my existing EE SIM to a new EE SIM. The new plan was installed on my SIM, job done you’d think....

Fast forward a few days and now:

- I cannot receive calls from the EE network

- my voicemail doesn’t work to inbound callers from any network

- my voicemail , is inaccessible to me too

- I can make outbound calls to any network

- I have unlimited data (this was the upgrade)

- I had a voicemail set up previously 

Can anyone help please? It’s my work phone and I’m losing business. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To bring this to a close, EE updated my phone’s network settings overnight and the calling/voicemail issues appear to now be resolved.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Hantsome ,

Welcome to the community,

Are you sure that you upgraded and did not start a new plan? What was wrong with your original SIM card? If it was working, just continue using it, it will still work, do not need to use a new SIM card. Why would EE corrupt a SIM card?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi, thanks for answering. Maybe I explained badly. 

ee calls it an an upgrade, but yes I took out a new 24-month plan.

this new plan was installed onto my existing SIM card.

I was with EE before, on the same phone number etc

@Hantsome , why not use your existing SIM card?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

That’s what I am using.

@Hantsome , I would suggest ringing customer service, they should be able to help sort this out, just remember they are very busy because of Covid, so you may need to be patient before they answer the phone..

If you are unable to ring them via 150, I would suggest you ring their 0800 number and hopefully you can get a response that way.—

I already did that, and spoke to them for 90 minutes, and they couldn’t resolve it.

That’s why I came here, for some expert advice from the community.

@Hantsome wrote:

I already did that, and spoke to them for 90 minutes, and they couldn’t resolve it.

That’s why I came here, for some expert advice from the community.

There is no account access via this public internet forum, and the problems you describe will require access to your specific asccount to resolve. If the C/S agent you spoke to couldn't resolve this, this would suggest there may be an underlying technical reason for it, which may well need another technical area to resolve.

In either case, escalating this within EE C/S is the correct course of action. We can offer general advice on what could be causing it, but as others have already mentioned : A change of payment plan is just that - it shouldn't, of itself, be a cause of requiring a new SIM or changing anything substantial about your account.

Of course I know no one here can access my account, I simply came here for any suggestions of anything I could try myself to resolve the matter, or if this sounded like a common faulty or issue.

@Hantsome wrote:
Of course I know no one here can access my account, I simply came here for any suggestions of anything I could try myself to resolve the matter, or if this sounded like a common faulty or issue.

Neither apply.

I've investigated similar issues in the past, but there's a variety of possible causes and they need visibility of your account from the network-side to properly investigate.

The vast majority of "simple" issues can be resolved by restarting your phone. The fact that you were talking to C/S for such a length of time suggests this may not be the case.