cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Galaxy watch 4g and phone data plan

Sudders
Investigator
Investigator

Is there a way that I can add my new galaxy 4g watch to my current phone plan without creating a new number for it? 

I get it has its own sim but it seems like it kinda defeats the object if my watch doesn't ring when my phone is left at home and my usual number is dialled. Seems completely pointless someone has to try a different number for me if I don't answer my phone....

TIA

Steve

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sudders  The watch has its own phone number because it needs to be billed for data usage and it needs a number to access the network for data usage.    The watch will still ring when someone calls your phone even if you leave your phone at home as it’s linked to your EE account.    

Ah right, OK. Thanks for the reply...

I wasn't sure it would work that way as when I tried to test it (turned BT off on my phone) then got someone to ring me - the watch didn't ring.

Maybe it will in a more realistic scenario?

Thanks again.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sudders

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Do you have a pay monthly or SIM Only EE account?

Have you followed the steps on our How do I set up my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G on EE, post to connect your phone and watch?

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne

I have a pay monthly 24mnth contract with EE, have a galaxy fold 2 phone and although it isn't listed in the compatible phone list, had no problems during set up and linking the watch to my account.

My query is purely if my watch will ring when my main number is dialled and the 2 devices are not together? I can't see the point of needing to dial to dial 2nd number to ring the watch as no one will ever do this to get hold of someone.

I must also add I find ee's lack of information regarding watch data plans very frustrating and sub par. A simple search brings up the terms and conditions but has no mention of what the plan is or how much it costs. Further results have about 10 articles for the apple watch and even the website is hard to find the information.

Regards

Steve
Leanne_T

Hi @Sudders

If you have purchased the watch from a third party, the 30-day data plan for the Samsung Watch is £7.00 and you will get 10Gb of data per month, your call and text allowance will share your phone allowance. 

Do you have this plan showing in your My EE app under add-ons? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Yes I do, but not under my main phone account - under a separate number and tab for the watch.

So is it not possible to use the watch independently from the phone but whilst using my main contact number?
Leanne_T

Hi @Sudders

Yes, if you have the plan showing, the other number is only for billing purposes.

The cellular watch, can receive calls and messages without being connected to a phone.

If this is not working for you, please give us a call on 150 and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne. 

Thank you,

I will test it again and get in contact if need be.

Steve
Leanne_T

No problem @Sudders

Leanne 🙂