cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Galaxy S21 Ultra, faulty speaker

Dragosm23
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I just received yesterday my brand new S21 Ultra 5G, and I am sure my device is faulty. It's about the speaker. The sound is distorted.

I will attach here 2 links. And if you will listen, you will notice the problem. I have some friends with the same phone, and the sound is very clear.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vr68fhv2olvcmz/20210130_110905.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7mzsgdmc35fj9e/20210130_111123.mp4?dl=0

What is your advice? It's very frustrating.

Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just called on EE, and they offered to send me a new phone, and I will return mine instead. Very professional. You won me for life! Many thanks!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

You have 2 options.

Send it back for repair. Be without a phone for a bit

or

Return it on your 14 day cooling off period and once its processed back in you can re-order but you'll be at back of a very long queue.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I see, but I risk losing the promotion that I already submitted. (with Razer Kishi, and X Box Game Pass). And I already submitted for Galaxy Buds Pro and the tag, and I don't know what is gonna happen if I send the phone soon. I'm concerned about this.

You'll lose them if you send back within the 14 days

If you send for repair you wont lose it.

If you already submitted have you been accepted?

I see. I just want to be fixed/replaced. I like this phone, and I got a good offer. I waited more than 2 weeks for this, and now... this scenario. IT's very very frustrating.

I already completed the details from the Returns form. Or, is another form for replacing/fix the product? If I miss something, you can let me know. Thank you!

You shouldn't have done both. Now they are going to think you are returning the phone rather than repairing it.

You need to call EE and discuss your options

I completed it like this. Should I submit? 

https://imgur.com/GDwtslC

That is cancelling the phone and returning it. This will make sure you lose your free buds and smart tag.

If you just want it repaired I would give EE a call.

Understood. I didn't submit it.  I am still waiting at 150. Or, is there any other number for my problem? Thank you!

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Dragosm23 

The speakers are at the top, did you think that was the SIM hole and push your ejection pin into the hole? 

Also around the edges there is a thin plastic packaging tape, it's really annoying as you might notice the edges are rough, if this is covering the holes it might be distorting the sound. It serves no value and can be removed. 

If not then @BrendonH  said 👍🏼

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.