cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Full Fibre 900 upgrade requires active LandLine?

Spitfire400
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have to say it has been a weird week so far, and I did have a quick look for similar posts but found none. I called EE at the weekend to check if I could place an order for FTTP, as recent works have completed in my street bringing in Fibre optic cable. Tried to place order but was told system would not process this, unless we added on a landline number first. Once this was done, we could then progress to ordering Full Fibre. 

I was told the 13/05/2021 for this to be done, but the email states an "activation date" of the 21st. Needless to say, the landline has not been added so far, and I am aware that it could take another couple of weeks after it does before I can order the FTTP. Is this information correct, and has anyone had any similar experience of having to add a landline to their landline free package, to then upgrade to a landline free ONT package?

Any similar experience or clarification on the need for a landline number would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Spitfire

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I see no reason why a landline no. should be given when you order FTTP from EE Your addy should be all that is needed. FTTP does not use a landline & none is supplied with it.

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Here we are, hope this posts ok

Screenshot_1.png

You should be OK there for a fairly simple install:

• 1 stage install: this is when the fibre cable termination is quite close to your premises. The average connection times are between 9 and 18 working days (subject to engineer availability). You'll need to be at the premises to get this connected, as the engineer will need to drill through your wall to install an ONT.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yeah, well when I call customer services they cannot put it through on the system for some reason. Keeps not allowing it. I am told I can go onto full fibre but my speed would stay unaltered. Then try to upgrade again, which even they said seemed pointless. So cancelled everything while they look into my account further, and will be back in touch in two weeks. I got a generic error online when I tried to put it through on the website myself.