cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE really upset my daughter today >:(

Babs79
Visitor

I received this text yesterday "Great news! Your new Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB 2019 Silver on order number ***** is on its way to your chosen EE Store and will be ready to collect on 6th Oct 2019 when the store opens...". Obviously, I got excited and planned to collect it with my daughter today, but when we got to the store they said they don't have it and that it will probably arrive tomorrow. I've never seen so many negative emotions in my daughter's face at once. She was heartbroken. I took the contract out for her and she's been excited ever since. 

I know it is only 1 extra day and she would've been completely fine if the text had said to collect the phone from the 7th!

I'm not new to EE, but my daughter is and so far her experience with them has been nothing but inconvenient and frustrating.

In the future, don't send out false and misleading information. All we wanted was a text saying it had been delivered to the store and that it is ready to be collected. 

2 REPLIES 2
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Seems like there has been a delay in the delivery. It'll be DPD that would have sent that text and not EE as DPD is the ones that would deliver it to the store.

If you download the DPD app you should be able to track where it is. It could be that it hadn't arrived by time you got there or that the DPD driver in your area doesn't deliver on Sundays.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Babs79

Welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear of yours and your daughter's experience. You should have only received that message when the phone was ready to be picked up.

The store will be in touch again when it's there ready for collection.

I hope your daughter loves the phone, when she gets it. 🙂

Chris