cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Double charged for add on

AWallace
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there, 

I'm new to the community, I am having a problem with an extra charge on my bill. On the 3rd of November 2021 I upgraded to a new contract and paid an upfront payment for an add on - the Nintendo switch. The guy on the phone took the upfront payment and delivered the Nintendo switch. Yesterday I checked my bill statement and the upfront charge is now showing on my bill but I have already paid it. I tried to talk to someone about this yesterday on the live chat of EE but I didn't seem to get anywhere they said oh it's just because your first bill will be higher than usual but I am being double charged for an upfront payment and delivery and I would like to get some kind of refund for this or I will have to consider changing my phone company in the future. Could someone please help me I don't want to be double charged for an add on. Please can someone get back to me as soon as possible about this. My bill payment is next week. 

I hope to hear from someone soon - thanks in advance. 

AWallace

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AWallace  if you are being double charged you’ll have to call customer services about this. 

@Chris_BHello there, I have been in touch with EE yesterday regarding the double charge for my add on. I spoke to a lady yesterday from EE and explained to her about how I had already paid for the add on earlier in November. She confirmed that I had made the payment and explained that it has been an error from their side. She advised me to check my account when my next payment has been processed. Hopefully my payment will be refunded or I will get some kind of credit for my next bill - I'm not sure how EE goes about with refunds do you know how it works? 

Thanks again. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AWallace

As you have been directed to check your statement on your next bill date this indicates it will be provided as a credit and will be deducted from your next bill. 

Katie 🙂

Hi @Katie_B 

Thanks for your help. If I need anything else, I'll just send another message here. 😊

Hopefully everything will be sorted on my next bill. Thanks 👍

Katie_B

Of course, we are more than happy to help @AWallace

Katie 🙂

Happened to me too

Katie_B

Hi @faycross

I am sorry to hear this.

Have you been able to get this resolved?

Katie 🙂