cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Data used up within 4 days

Betsy2
Investigator
Investigator

Why would my data be all used up inside 6 days.

I'm on EE 8 months and it never happened before. I'm using the phone the same as always 

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Betsy2 

What does it say if you text BA to 150?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Betsy2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi  Northerner, it says I have 355 minutes and unlimited texts left.. doesn't mention data..

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Betsy2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you checked your phone's data settings to see which apps have used your data allowance?

James

Hi James, no haven't checked but nothing has changed and my data never ran out before ..

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Betsy2,

I'd recommend checking the app usage breakdown in your settings to see which app has used more data than usual.

If you need help with this, please let me know which phone you are using.

James

Hi @Betsy2 ,

Typically it's a large and infrequent software update which does this. Recently I've also noticed Facebook and websites stream videos at around 256 KB/s in the background when I'm only reading text.

I highly recommend to search online to identify the option in the settings to view which apps have consumed your data, as has already been recommended.

In my case, it was Chrome consuming the bulk of my data in recent usage.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@Betsy2 wrote:

Hi James, no haven't checked but nothing has changed and my data never ran out before ..

Android & iOS devices have a data counter within the connection settings menu that will give you an app-by-app breakdown of where your data & WiFi has been used - you can often set the counting period to match your billing cycle to further assist.

This will often identify the cause of increased data usage, otherwise check whether your phone's software updates are allowed to use mobile data or are restricted to WiFi only.

The vast majority of "where has my data gone" queries are answered by these two scenarios.