cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Credit Limit & Contract Upgrade

JLGSYCI
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Evening,

So I recently switched over to a Pay Monthly SIM Only Plan in September after having been on a flex plan for nearly 2 years. My current credit class is "below average" according to CS and when I enquired a month ago I was told my credit limit was £100. I called CS today to ask when I would be able to have an Add to Plan product, to which I was told my credit class was due for a review as my 3rd bill has been generated, so mostly likely after my 4th bill has been generated in December. I also asked what my credit limit is now and was told it had recently been increased to £260.

According to My EE, I'm eligible for a standard upgrade from 15th March 2022, the same time I can do an early upgrade. I'm assuming that, providing I maintain my good account standing with EE, I should be able to get the latest handset at that time? Presumably there may be an upfront cost to pay depending on the device and my credit class at the time?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JLGSYCI  no you can not do an early upgrade at the same time as your standard upgrade.      You’ll need to upgrade first to a annual upgrade tariff then after 14 days you can do the early upgrade,  this is where it’ll cost you as you’ll need to pay the fee that’s needed for the device is question and you’ll need to trade in the device that you upgraded too.   All upfront costs  will also need to be paid.  

JLGSYCI
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Screenshot_2021-11-19-20-40-14-564.jpg

According to this my early upgrade and standard upgrade is the same date.

@JLGSYCI : Your image cannot be approved while your mobile no. is shown publicly to be spammed by all the scammers around today. Obscure it!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
JLGSYCI
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IMG_20211119_210426.jpg

Oops that was a new level of stupid... Now blanked out!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JLGSYCI,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, you should be able to upgrade to a handset plan when you reach your upgrade date.

James