cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Cancelled New Contract within 14 days do I need a PAC Code?

AlexanderPSedlm
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi. I recently left GiffGaff to come to EE, received my PAC from GiffGaff, ordered a new phone and contract with EE, however the phone I ordered isn't great so I decided to cancel the phone and contract within the 14 day period. 

My number has transferred to the EE phone I no longer want and as I'm cancelling and going to a SIM only GiffGaff with my old phone i no longer have access to calls, mins, data etc.

My question is this, do I need to request a PAC code to transfer my number back to GiffGaff or will I get this automatically as I'm closing the contract?

I'm guessing I do but the info on the site is vague at best. 

So far I've not heard back from EE about my cancellation or return. 

Help Please. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @atombuzz.

You will need to request a PAC from EE to transfer your number back over.

The number wouldn't automatically go back to your previous network.

Jon

@Jon_K : I presume you can't do that after you have effected a 14-day cancellation as by then the no. will have gone. So do you actually carry out the 14-day cancellation by getting the PAC from EE & porting it back to the original network during the 14 days?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

The customer would need to request a PAC when organising to return their device with our Channel Returns team, @XRaySpeX.

Then the account will be settled once the return is received.

Chris