cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

BT

daveA2
Investigator
Investigator

I have been a customer along with my wife's phone for a number of years.  Sometime ago I was contacted by BT who I have my Landline with, stating tat they were taking over EE & I had to sign an online form as my billing would be to them.  Strange though only my phone seemed to transfer but my wife's, although also on my account, remained with  EE.  It was not until a long spell in Hospital last year did I realise this.  On coming out of Hospital I contacted EE & explained to the phone operator what had happened 7 she replied that I would need a new Sim Card & to apply for one.  This I did only to be told that in order to get a card I would have to visit the shop.  Bit difficult as one due to my Hospital visit (not for covid) I was now classed as "Very high Risk" & told not to go out and to be careful who I contacted.  Number two - due to the covid I could not go to the shop as it was closed.  All I wanted was another Sim Card, I already have an account which is alive & kicking.

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_B
EE Employee

Hi @daveA2

Welcome to the community 😊

I hope you're well and having a nice day, other than this issue of course. 

Can I just clarify is your account with EE or BT at the moment?

Thanks 

Chris

Hi I have one phone on EE & one phone on BT.  I did have both phones on EE until I received an email from BT saying that they had taken over EE & sent me a Simm Card to change over.  Never have I asked to change and find it strange that they have only done it with one phone.  I was not happy with moving to BT so contacted EE who said I would need a new  card which was the start of the confusion.  I pay to EE monthly on a Direct Debit but also have BT for my landline & internet which I pay also on Direct Debit.  EE insisted I would have to go to the shop which is not possible due to Health problems.

Thank you

@daveA2 Thanks for that information I appreciate it.

If your phone that needs the new SIM is with BT then you'll need to contact them, our customer care team doesn't have access to their system. This may be why the advisor said to go into store. 

I would recommend giving BT a call.

Thanks 

Chris

My BT card works fine,

it is BT I want to change back to EE so that I have 2x phones with EE as it was & not one with each provider.

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @daveA2 

If you call freephone 0800 800 030 select option 2 you will get through to a BT Mobile retentions advisor they will have access to both your BT & EE accounts.

Thanks,

David.

@daveA2  BT took over EE a few years ago now and BT shouldn’t be calling you to change over from EE to BT.  Sounds like you got tricked by a BT customer services agent.   I would do more than just request my number changed back to EE.