cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple music is not validating

Unicara
Visitor

So I have joined EE a week ago, I have struggled with my free Apple music as it would not let me join through EE and also it seems I have been blocked in the system as I tried to both add an add-on and text music to 150. After waiting for a few days I've called 150 and they have reset my SIM and I have received a text to follow the link to set up my Apple Music. ((( yes i have checked whether my phone number is the same in settings, i have re-installed the app and did basically all the steps from all the solutions that I've read)))

Funny enough I still struggle as I seem to have two different problems depending on how my phone feels during the specific moment, weird I know.

1. After following the set up link in the text message I get into the loading screen which says 'Contacting EE and validating your Apple Music Subscription...' and it never loads. I've left it for minutes, hours.. nothing happens.

2. But, even though it's never validating sometimes I do get access to songs, so I can listen to music but it takes my data, and I cannot save or download any songs.

Any solutions to this? 

9 REPLIES 9
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Unicara

Welcome to EE and our community. 🙂

That's an unusual problem. Does the Apple Music add-on show in your My EE account?

Chris

Did you get a solution for this?

I have a similar problem and could use a hand with it please. 🙂

James_B

Hi @Freaky,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What problem are you experiencing with Apple Music?

Thanks

James

My old apple music subscription expired June first. I also had family sharing which doesn’t expire until next year. 

My old songs and play lists were unavailable so I deleted everything assuming that the old codes were confusing the issue. 

Inspite of doing so, I still can’t download any songs and only some will play.

I haven’t tried deleting the music app yet.

Thanks for your attention. 🙂

I have considered resetting the phone.. wolf that help?

James_B

Hi @Freaky,

Was your old subscription direct with Apple? Are you trying to add Apple Music as a Smart Benefit?

James

I sorted it after deleting the app, changing y id/ email.

3DE8BE68-31CC-46A6-B2F6-54FEB95D7096.png

I finally found this is settings when managing my family share and presto it now works!

Thanks anyway 😄

James_B

Glad you got it sorted @Freaky

Thanks for letting us know. 🙂

James

Steps to resolve it are..

Settings

then Apple Id / profile

(NOT subscriptions.. that will show no subscriptions which is annoying and confusing)

then Family Sharing

THEN Apple Subscriptions 

Then FINALLY hit the button with “Joined through EE?”

I hope it works for others 😁