cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple Music

WoodsT
Visitor

I activated my free 6 month trial just a minute ago, went to activate it in the Apple music app, asked me to create an ID which I did. I then got a message saying 'This subscription is already being used with another Apple ID'. Not sure how that's possible when I've only just activated the trial. Any ideas anyone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Chris_B I think in the end that is what the problem was, though Apple was able to fix it for me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get specifics on the fix but it appears that it was an issue of using the same phone number on two Apple IDs and, as you noted, having already had an Apple Music trial via EE in the past. Resolved! Thanks for your input.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WoodsT

Welcome to the community.

Did you already have an Apple Music subscription with Apple directly?

Chris

Hello, I have recently taken out a Full Works plan with EE with an iPhone 11. I am having the same problem. I have the three benefits - Apple Music 24m, Apple TV+ 24m and Apple Arcade 24m. TV+ and Arcade verified instantly, but Apple Music will not verify.

I received a text noting that my Apple Music subscription had been activated, and that I should follow the link https://itunes.apple.com/carrier to verify the subscription. However, whenever I follow the link, the app opens and there is a quick loading screen which reads "Contacting EE and validating your Apple Music subscription...". This screen quickly disappears and I return to the app, though nothing has verified.

On a few occasions I have had a pop-up which reads "This subscription is already being used with a different Apple ID", however I do not get this most of the time.

I have taken the following steps to try and resolve the problem:

- Updated my iOS to the latest (14.0)

- Installed the latest version of Apple Music

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the Apple Music app

- Cleared browser cache

- Sign out of iCloud, restart phone, sign back in, etc.

- Checked in my settings to ensure my phone number is correct and tried it in two different formats (normal / with country calling code)

- The trial version of Apple Music has been wiped from my account

I have phoned EE customer support twice and have tried all of these things a few times to no avail, and each time I have been redirected to Apple. I have also spoken to Apple once.

EE believes it isn't a problem on their end as they simply apply the subscription. They have checked everything over and believe there are no issues that can be resolved by them.

Apple is adamant that it isn't their problem - especially as I was able to activate the trial version with no issues.

This seems to be a common problem stemming back since at least 2017, and there are no clear answers online. It's frustrating that there seems to be no communication between the two companies on this issue.

I am still in the process of trying to get this fixed but thought I would leave a log for those who are experiencing the same issue. If there are any other fixes that I haven't tried yet, please do let me know and if I find a fix then I will report back.

@churlishgambina   Have you already got a subscription with Apple Music.  This can be the free Apple trial or your own paid subscription?

@Chris_B No, I activated the trial version yesterday after trying to verify the 24m a few times, hoping it might change something but it didn't, after which I immediately cancelled the trial.

The only other thing I can think of is that when I used to have a Samsung Galaxy S8 I think I had a free trial of Apple Music via EE perhaps a year or two ago, and if I had needed to use an Apple ID for that (I don't remember) then I would have used a very old Apple ID which isn't the same as the one I'm now using. For my new iPhone I've created a new Apple ID.

@churlishgambina   Is it the same phone number that you use with the old account?   If it is this will be the issue as the EE system is saying you’ve already had the offer so it’ll not let you have it again even if you do now have it as a add on.    This can only be sorted by EE customer services as it’s a EE issue. 

@Chris_B I think in the end that is what the problem was, though Apple was able to fix it for me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get specifics on the fix but it appears that it was an issue of using the same phone number on two Apple IDs and, as you noted, having already had an Apple Music trial via EE in the past. Resolved! Thanks for your input.

Leanne_T

Hi @churlishgambina

Thanks for coming back and letting us know this is now resolved.

Have a lovely evening 🙂

Leanne.

Hi EE 

I am having exactly the same issue. When I’m trying to activate my smart add on - Apple Music. It’s saying that my subscription is already being used with another Apple ID. I’ve contacted Apple and after 1 hour they haven’t been able to help and refereed me back to you.

many thanks 

c

Christopher_G

Hi @Cla5

Welcome to the community.

Have you had a free trial for Apple Music through EE before?

Chris