cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple Music

Dann-Sul
Visitor

Hi All, 

as part of my new contract I got the swappable benefit for Apple Music. 
I have attempted to sign in to which it says “this subscription doesn’t s already being used by a different Apple ID” I have contacted EE who have said I need to speak with Apple, Apple have said I need to talk to EE, and the endless circle has been going for nearly 6 months. I have been through my old apple ids and have checked, none of them hold Apple Music and they have been deleted, though I am still unable to access through my current. 

help please before I go mad 😂

1 REPLY 1
hawkerpaul
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Dann, I feel your pain.

It took 6 months for EE to solve this exact same problem with me.

I was ping-ponged between EE and Apple, both saying it is a problem with the other.

In the end, it was EE who had to tweak something behind the scenes in my account to get this to work, which was what I was trying to get through to them from day one.

My issue was that I took up the 6 free months Apple Music offer about 3 years ago, and this was set up with my son's apple id/email address.

I cancelled this after the 6 months, and when I bought into the Apple Music Smart Benefit a year ago, there was remnants of this old link on my EE account when trying to set it up with my own Apple ID/Email address. (I had to set it up with my own, as my son had put apple music on his Apple Id since I cancelled)

After 6 months of explaining this to EE and receiving auto-generated SMS from EE every 10 days saying they were "working on the problem" it was eventually solved.

My Apple Music thread