cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Android 10 update for S10plus

Sat29
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have a S10plus and still haven't received android 10 update. Is this an issue with EE?? as my partner has an S10 with O2 and she has got the android 10 update as well as subsequent security patches.

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sat29

Welcome to the community.

Your device will notify you once there is a software update ready to install.

Check out this blog we posted about what goes on behind the scenes on software updates.

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for getting back to me. I understand that there are these process before a software rollout. I just wanted to know when would EE rollout their android 10 software for S10plus, as Samsung has rolled out the software since December 2019 and it's reaching almost a year, and not just weeks!! Esply when Android 11 is here.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sat29,

EE don't develop or roll out any software updates for your phone. This is all done by the manufacturer.

Samsung will send a notification to your phone when any new updates are available.

Thanks

James

Hi James, 

I understand that EE don't develope software updates, but as Chris pointed out to the blog which states that EE test runs softwares released by the manufacturer. Samsung has released the software for S10plus since Dec'19 and other providers have had them. Has anyone else in EE who has a S10plus received the android 10 update is my next question ?