cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel 6 Pro and Android 12 Repeated System Crash

LacDroid12
Visitor

Hi Droid Nation,

I recently upgraded from my Pixel 5 to the new Pixel 6 Pro. Upon finishing with the new phone setup, the Pixel 6 pro system crashed three times prompting a factory data reset each time. Got a replacement handset from EE the next day and the OS crash has continued. I reverted to my Pixel 5 which was working fine (on Android 11) and got a prompt to update the software to Android 12. After the update to Android 12, I am now experiencing same system crash on my Pixel 5 as I did with the Pixel 6 Pro.

Good that I still had my old Pixel XL (running on Android 11) lying somewhere in the drawer. This is the phone I am relying on at the minute!!!  

It looks like Android 12 has some major issues. Has anyone experienced this system crash on the Android 12?

3 REPLIES 3
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @LacDroid12 

What happens if you don't transfer anything? Factory reset the P6P, and set up as a new user and don't copy any data over? Does it still crash?

I've not experienced any crashing on mine, just issues with 5G on EE.

Gordy67
Investigator
Investigator

My Pixel 5 has also started crashing since the upgrade to Android 12. There is no real pattern to it, but generally its when several apps are doing things at the same time.

Examples of when it has happened to me:

Android Auto + Spotify

Recording a Video and a Message comes in and places an icon over the screen.

Phone call comes in while using Youtube.

Hopefully there will be an update to fix this. Given that it is a Google OS and a Google phone they should be built and tested to work together.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Might be worth looking on the google support forums as this isn't a specific EE issue, and they may be more help?