cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4G EE on Teltonika RUTX12 router - data connection has suddenly stopped working

bacon2
Investigator
Investigator

I live in an area with zero landline broadband connection so I have been using an EE 4G Unlimited plan as my lifeline to the internet.

It has been working flawlessly for several months, until recently (I can't say exactly when as I have failover SIMs on multiple networks) when the "Data connection" state has become stuck on "Disconnected".

My equipment is a Teltonika RUTX12 4G modem. I know the APN settings etc. are correct because as I say this has worked brilliantly for many months. 

The "Operator state" is "Registered (home)" and I have a decent signal of -65db so I know I'm capable of connecting and registering on the network, just for whatever reason it refuses to actually supply data!

Settings:

PDP Type: ipv4/ipv6
APN: everywhere

Authentication: PAP

User: eesecure

Pass: secure

The SIM works fine (albeit slower than before) when tested in an iPhone. 

Any help would be most appreciated - very frustrating that this used to work and now doesn't.

4 REPLIES 4
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Presumably you've tried swapping the SIMs between the two slots?

As the problem does not follow the SIM, it points to that SIM slot or some attached circuitry as the issue? 🤓

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

I have done, yes. Same thing - EE SIM sees the network but won't establish a data connection regardless of the settings (auto APN vs manual APN, ipv4, ipv6, etc.)

Does the EE SIM receive an IP address from EE when in your router?

Presumably any IP address it does receive (and gateway, and DNS) does not clash with any of your private subnets? (E.g. perhaps your other SIM so I presume just the EE SIM with the other SIM removed has been tried.)

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk wrote:

Does the EE SIM receive an IP address from EE when in your router?

Exactly what I was going to query.. along with whether you can run pings and/or tracerts from your "connection".