cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

12 months with the huawei p40 pro - miserable

Oce1989
Explorer

12 months into a 24 month contract. I am now absolutely gutted with the limitations of this phone. Using the browser to access YouTube is something I've gotten used to. Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Twitter are all there but it's further down the line the problems arise. Certain apps require google play services so even when you find the APK for a certain app online it still won't run. Can't use the google OR Microsoft authenticators which massively cripples your ability to use many banking and investing apps.

I recall when the phone was sold on me by the agent. I had came from the last 2 Huawei flagships, the p30 being a fantastic phone. "it's the phone I have and google will likely be on the phone in the coming months." Brand loyalty is not worth it folks. The worst mistake I've made in all my years with T-Mobile and EE 😂

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Oce1989

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you able to use these sites via the Huawei Browser? 

If you would like to discuss your options, I would suggest giving us a call on 150 and our Mobile Care team will be happy to help. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @Oce1989 

Moral of your story - do your research before committing to a new tariff. 

There are many videos on YouTube showing how you can install the play store and other apps. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Google is never going to be on the P40.

They are banned from using Google.

Boden may reverse this at some point but you have Trump to blame for this.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Yeh, I have the same issues.  The phone is still excellent from a hardware perspective and a lot of the commoner apps are ok.  However there are a few, such as google pay and microsoft authenticator that just won't run without google play services.  Also most of the banking apps.  I had hoped that Huawei app store would eventually work around any issues but it looks like it's a long shot and either a long way off or possibly never - unless you live in China.  I can work around these issues but it's not ideal and I certainly won't be getting another Huawei, it's just too much of a hassle

I've never tried installing google play services as it is far too much hassle and from the comments on the various yuotube posts, very hit and miss.  Even if you manage to install google services, it appears that google pay etc still won't work and most other apps are available elsewhere anyway, so there's really little point.