cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 15 message problem

peterwolds
Investigator
Investigator

got an iphone 15 unable to send a message direct from contacts only by whatsapp , settings match wifes iphone 12 

10 REPLIES 10
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @peterwolds 

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to access other internet based apps?

Are you in the UK at the moment? Please check that your mobile data is switched on too.

Chris

Thanks for reply Chris

mobile data switched on , can access internet through other apps and am in the uk

Peter

Christopher_G

Could you try removing the content lock and retry it please, @peterwolds?

Chris

Thanks Chris parental control is off .

Just started a Whatsapp group for our club (1st time done one ) members added BUT can't put a message on . Looked online says open chat tap group name and go to group settings - it doesn't show up group settings wonder if same problem as messaging from contacts which still don't work ?

Peter

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @peterwolds 

Could you try deleting the WhatsApp app and redownloading it please? Are you having a problem with your normal text messages too?

Chris

If I delete and redonload will I lose the 2 groups I am in ?

The only text messages I can send go hrough Whatsapp or says failed to send 

Peter

Christopher_G

You'll still be in the groups, once you've re-set it up, @peterwolds. You would need to make sure that your WhatsApp is backed up to your iCloud, to make sure the messages and media are stored though.

Are you saying that normal texts don't send, if you tested it? Are you able to send any messages to any groups in WhatsApp?

Chris

I can't send a text message direct from a contacts name it comes back soon failed to deliver .

I can whatapp messages no problem to an individual and a group

Peter

To back up to cloud read go to settings tap chats BUT chats doesn't show ?

I love the phone except for this problem it's driving me mad almost wish had kept iphone 6s