Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 15 Pre-order and Discussion Thread

Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

My top Tip!

Pre-order from Apple!
I see year after year that "I ordered X phone and X GB, X colour, but EE (other networks probably the same) have not sent me a confirmation email"

Save yourself the hassle and order it from Apple directly, then you know exactly when you're getting it. They offer financing too at 0%, then grab a SIM only deal with Uswitch or something for an EE sim

I'm sure come Friday, there will be an Official thread, with comments saying they pre-ordered and something went wrong, no confirmation email or text or something, I guarantee it. The system is unfortunately just not capable of keeping up, even the forum is slow at times

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Vincent19891 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that there may have been a mix-up with your delivery timescales. The current estimate for new orders of the iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB Black Titanium is to expect dispatch in more than 28 days . Orders are cleared from oldest to newest.

If you would like to discuss or amend your order, I would recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team.

Chris

View solution in original post

84 REPLIES 84
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Kirigaya_Kazuto 

Purchased my Samsung on yearly upgrade exactly this way. I have no Idea why people still get their handets from the carrier. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Iyke_
Contributor
Contributor

I did this two years ago with the iPhone 13. 

Got the 0% financing from Apple and paid it off early but got my sim from EE. Doing this worked out a little cheaper in the long run for me. 

I'm still deciding if it's worth changing phones though, I want to stop switching phones every 2 years. Especially when there's nothing wrong with my current one. Maybe a battery replacement in a few months and maybe one day Apple will allow us to upgrade components on our phones. 

Not sure if I've just jinxed myself and I'll drop my phone tomorrow and end up with a broken screen 😂

But damn, the iPhone 15 sure does look very slick. 

Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

I get all my handsets straight from Apple each year on pre order and pay it off in one. Then I have sim only deal with EE. Works out a lot cheaper if you can do it this way, 

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max

@Iyke_   I’ve switched to upgrading every 3 years now starting with the iPhone X.   Still rocking my 12 pro max at the mo so this is my upgrade year.  Just not sure if I really want too.  But if I do someone in my family will get a mint iPhone 12 Pro Max,  lucky them. 

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

No upgrade for me this year.  EE's price rises (amongst all the other price rises) have priced me out - in fact, I'm have had to ask EE for help with paying a bill because it's been so damned expensive.  I'd even considered EE broadband but cancelled last minute as I found a cheaper (and even faster) deal elsewhere.  So no, I'll keep everything as is this year and will then switch to SIM only at the end of next year to save more money and get the handset elsewhere.   The iPhone 15 Pro Max looks good, but to be truthful, I'm happy with the iPhone 14 Pro Max and iOS 17 will only make that better.

For those that do order, good luck.  I'm wondering if they're going to charge the £300+ upfront cost  for the Pro Max handsets again regardless of wherever you are in the contract again.  That one really smarted - and never again.

Gadgets1
Contributor
Contributor

yup, doing the buy upfront route rather than getting an EE plan.  My current EE 24 month contract ends Oct 1 and was already informed the monthly will £116.27/mo just for a phone (this could be partly explained by the FF discount expiring after the contract, with the discount the monthly £93.01 😞

Ouch, I am pre-ordering today from Apple and even with 2 SIMS in my phone, the total cost will be £85 a month

£59 for the phone w/AppleCare+

£20 o2 SIM - 60GB data

£5 lyca mobile sim - 20GB data (they run on EE for times when o2 is **bleep**)

God only know where EE pull these prices from

Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

Well I’ve ordered mine from Apple and got order number and all that and money been taken so all good here but the Apple website keeps crashing for loads of people 

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Equil
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Guys, I've just preordered within 8 mins with EE online and my dispatch says within 14 days??? Not release day?
I went for the Pro Max in Natural Titanium 256gb. 

Just wondering if anyone else has this as every model of the standard Pro says release day? 
Obviously, I still went with the Pro Max as I'd rather have the phone I want and possibly wait an extra week than go smaller and get it earlier.

Surely they didn't sell out in 8 mins?