cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 pro max 1T

Garnham02
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

i have been with EE for over 20 years starting with orange I have upgraded every year I can believe they want me to pay £330 upfront cost on a phone I’ll be upgrading again next year I have 5 phone with them 2 iPad sims, 2 Apple Watch esims and a SIM card for my card I pay over £380 a month and for some reason they want to charge me for the phone I have checked several other networks and the most they want is £30 I am seriously considering buy the phones I want direct from apple and moving network provider this time next year nothing like loyalty deals 😡😡

38 REPLIES 38
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Garnham02   That’s because the tariff doesn’t cover the cost of a phone that costs £1759 and the unlimited data unlimited calls/tex that this tariff gives you also including the option to upgrade to a new tariff before the 24 months are up.   

your other contracts you have with EE are totally irrelevant to this,  do you think you really think should get a special deal considering you agreed to pay these contracts when you took them out on a device that cost £1749 on its own. 

O2 are offering this on a 36 month contract for the device and the tariff is 24 months and Voda are offering the same sort of deal over 36 months.   EEs offer is all 24 months. 

Radeon85OCUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE are still overpriced, your competitor 02 for a start offers the iPhone 14 Pro Max 1TB on a 24 month contract with unlimited data, texts and calls for £104 a month with only a £30 up front fee. EE is just overcharging, simple as that.

And if you happened to give 02 a £330 upfront fee the same unlimited everything plan drops to £92 a month.

Garnham02
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My full work cost me £113 + vat £135.60

apple charge £72.87 per month for phone 

that leave £62.73 for plan so why the need for a upfront cost of £330 I would love EE to call me and explain 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Garnham02

If you would like to discuss the upgrade please call us on 150 the team will be happy to go through your options and explain everything to you. 

Leanne.

Garnham02
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have already done this they just said that the cost take it or leave it basically really disappointing service 

greenbadger
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

EE’s pricing does seem out there for this launch. Sure the devices are more expensive direct with Apple but some of the upfront costs are crazy.

I rang EE to upgrade to the watch ultra but decided against it when they wanted £190 upfront and £36 a month. Instead I went to Vodafone who wanted £27 a month and nothing upfront. Sure the Vodafone deal is over 3 years but it still works out cheaper than EE’s does over 2 years by some £80 or over £150 when you factor in the airtime with EE for the 3rd year

Even more bizarrely the 45mm stainless steel is the same monthly cost as the ultra with EE but £90 less up front. The price difference with Apple is £20

Garnham02
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Let’s not for get EE get these phone cheaper than we do from Apple direct they are just being greedy 

NickH16
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

That’s mad, I’m paying £0 upfront 

Garnham02
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I want the iPhone 14 pro max 1T what phone have you gone for where have you got it from ??