cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 overheating

Annetay81
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I have the iPhone 14 and it is seriously over heating to the point it actually hurts my skin to touch it. It’s not just when charging it’s with any use at all.  Is it ee that I need to go through or apple? I’m in contract with ee 

thanks in advance for any help 

8 REPLIES 8
Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

Hey there you would need to ring CS up and I’m guessing they will try and find out what’s causing this and if possible get it sorted. But you’re first port of call should be EE if that’s who ya contract is with for now thanks 

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Annetay81 iPhones do get very hot, especially when they have been in use for a while, it’s nothing that tech support will be able to fix, it’s just how they are. Mine’s exactly the same, and so was my 13 pro. You could always get a case so you aren’t roughing the phone.

You could try rebooting it and turning off the always-on display feature as it’ll use less power when locked. 

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Annetay81 

Thanks for coming here. 

I can see you have had some great advice already for the phone overheating, just to add you can also use our online troubleshooting tool and this will let you know your next steps.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks for your reply. I did have a case on but took it off as it was getting hot in the case.  I’m never on my phone for more than 5/10 mins at a time and don’t have loads of things running /open in back ground. The only other iPhone I have had a similat issue with was the 6. Since then the 7,xr,11 and 12 pro have all been fine. The always on feature is disabled and screen shuts down when not in use. 

Leanne_T

Morning @Annetay81 

Please get in touch with our tech gurus by calling 150 and they will run through some troubleshooting with you and let you know what is needed 🙂

Thanks. 

Leanne 🙂

I have followed the link in your previous response and I have an app at my local EE store shortly 

Leanne_T

Brilliant, thanks for letting me know @Annetay81 

Leanne 🙂

xiiin0727
Explorer

iPhone 14 heating up fast while in use is indeed a disconcerting problem. It will lead to the acceleration of iPhone 14 battery drain, from which your device suffers enormously. Try to give Joyoshare UltFix a shot. It is an all-powerful yet easy-to-operate iOS system recovery program that focuses on repairing all sorts of software issues in a professional manner on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch/ and Apple TVs.Moreover, it is developed with two repair modes to both offer a lossless solution to general iOS matters like iPhone gets hot and provide a quick solution to tricky iOS problems like iPhone is disabled or locked. Also, it considerately supplies a free service, with which you can get your iPhone X into/out of recovery mode at any time.