cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i Phone 11 has died completely.

Lorn1966
Investigator
Investigator

I am currently in USA on holiday. Here until 7th April. My phone has completely died, could EE organize me to get another phone over here? Thank you in advance for your help. 

8 REPLIES 8
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

E doesn't ship abroad as it's a UK network based in the UK.

You will need to get them to send it to a family member to then ship it to you. But bare in mind it won't be able to be shipped by airmail due to the battery.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Lorn1966 

Have you considered taking into an apple store for them to look at. It maybe a cheap fix. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Lorn1966 ,

Is the handset under a worldwide warranty or insurance with either EE or Apple?

Many warranties are Return To Base warranties and insurance.

Have you checked your travel insurance for the coverage of gadgets that you could activate whilst abroad?

Historically, some credit card companies such as American Express can assist with problems that arise abroad.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Thanks so much for your reply Brendon . I thought EE would only deal in the UK but thought I would ask.

My son who is in Edinburgh could post one out to me but would be  worried it would go missing etc. 

Have a good day. Thanks again. 

Hi There,

Thanks  for replying. 

Spoke to apple support  on Saturday, they had me do already what I had tried, turning volume up and down and then holding the on/off button but that didn’t work etc.  Tried  restoring it etc too but still not working. 

They said for 449 dollars I could get new i phone 11 as my phone was beyond repair. Not sure would I be able to buy it else where cheaper?

Thanks again. 

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your reply. 

No, not under any warranty etc. Didn’t think of my travel insurance so will check that out. 

Didn't think of credit card companies etc either, will look Into that too.

Thanks again.

Lorn1966
Investigator
Investigator

Also if I buy a new i phone 11 here in the states , does my SIM card automatically bring up all my apps etc again when inserted to new phone. . Do I need to contact EE to get it reactivated when sim  card is  in new phone?  Apologies about all the questions. Thanks in advance for your help, 

@Lorn1966  I would try the volume up/down again and power button.  You have to do this quickly and make sure you do it right.   Watch a YouTube video on this to make sure you doing it right.   And keep the on button down.