cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from A12 to A15 mobile number not recognised?

danddi
Explorer

Have upgraded my phone and switched over the sim card.  Displays a completely different number on my new mobile which I cannot change.  I don't appear to be able to make outgoing calls or receive messages on WhatsApp etc.

Everything is fine.  I've never had this problem before.   HELP please

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@danddi  If you completed to number swap to the new sim it can take up to 24hours to complete.  You could just put your old sim in you’re new device. 

Thank you Chris - but it wasn't a new sim.  I've done this a couple of times and it's completely puzzled me.  And worried me as my I rely on my mobile for everything.  

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @danddi

Thanks for coming here. 

Did you get your new phone from EE?

If you place your SIM back into your old device does this work OK?

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@danddi wrote:

Have upgraded my phone and switched over the sim card.  Displays a completely different number on my new mobile which I cannot change. 

Where is this displayed?

If you have swapped a working SIM from your old phone to a new phone, then testing it back in your old phone is the next step.

Hi Kate yes I did buy from EE.  Sim works fine on my old model but for some reason on my new one is recognised as Sim 1 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your new phone is dual-SIM, are the symptoms the same in both SIM slots?

danddi
Explorer

Thanks to everyone for suggestions.  I had a second, third and fourth look at the Sim slot.  I'd placed my sim in the top slot because it fitted nicely but eventually realised it had to go into one of the slots underneath.  😬