Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock a Samsung phone with a damaged screen

mpr1111
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

My wife dropped her Samsung A32 phone down the toilet recently.  It was fine initially but the following day the screen started fading and then went completely.  It lights up a bit and can see some random coloured lines but is unusable. Can actually hear the noise of the touch screen, suggesting the phone is still working and just the screen has gone.

The issue is she had a load of photos on it not backed up as her Google account was full.  So have recovered the photos that were in google photos from the computer and cleared the account in the hope that it would then get filled up with others on the phone.  However, this hasn't happened and i cant find anywhere to sync the phone from google on the PC, only seems to be an option from the phone itself which cant be done because of the screen.

Connecting the phone to the computer with a USB cable doesn't work as the PC cant see it as the screen lock is on.  I have read that if you contact your phone service provider, they can get passed the screen lock, which would enable me to recover files using the PC.

Any help would be much appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

No network can bypass the lock screen for you.

Is find my mobile enabled?

Think you can bypass it through that. But you have had to set up find my mobile to have it work 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @mpr1111 

She had filled up 15GB of her Google account? Have you tried looking on her Samsung account which backs up on OneDrive. 

Alternatively you'll have to pay for the screen to be repaired.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@mpr1111 wrote:

I have read that if you contact your phone service provider, they can get passed the screen lock,

Where have you read this?

Thanks BrendonH, looked at find my mobile.  The phone is visible and the test ring works, but it doesn't give an option to unlock the phone, only a lock phone option.  Have checked and this will only lock it, not both.

Thanks Northerner, yes the 15GB was full so had stopped backing up more recent photos.  Looked in the Samsung account but cant see OneDrive anywhere.  Went to one drive and says no account exists under her email address. 

Hi Bristolian, I don't know where, something my wife said she read online. 

mpr1111
Investigator
Investigator

Hi EE, as per the email i received, replying to advise i'm still looking for a solution to my problem.  I have subsequently paid for an app that will unlock the phone for you.  However, i went to use and it said this would remove all data.  So that is not an option as removing the data is the reason for wanting to unlock the phone.   

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mpr1111 

Have you tried all of the options on this Samsung help page?

Chris